Fillet and Potatoes - Healthy (and Easy) Lunch Ideas
Easy and Healthy Lunch Idea to try!
Bold beef dish pairs a perfectly seared beef fillet with an unctuous potato and onion terrine, braised and glazed leeks, and a silky horseradish emulsion. Prepare the terrine and sauce the day before to make serving up nice and simple.
Fillet and Potatoes
2 medium size filet mignon steaks
Red pepper, sliced
Green bell pepper, sliced
Red onion, sliced
- Microwave washed potatoes for 5 minutes until soft to touch and steaming, then smash on baking sheet and bake in oven at 375 for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Dry brine filets over night in fridge with salt and pepper on them
- Add steaks to high heat cast iron pan with avocado oil
- Cook on pan for 3-4 minutes rotating every minute or so until all sides have nice crust and internal is around 120
- Add butter, garlic, and thyme to pan and baste steaks with mixture, on low heat
- Baste until steaks internal is around 135-140 and remove, let rest for 4 minutes
- Sauté vegetables simultaneously with spices and olive oil, remove after 10 minutes or so, vegetables should be cooked but not soggy
This delicious dish was packed using our Glass Meal Prep Containers! Check out the products tagged or our bio to shop!